CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
15+ days – 100% refund of deposit less $10 cancellation fee (minus applicable fees).
14 – 4 days – 50% refund of deposit (minus applicable fees).
3 – 1 days – 0% refund of deposit or the card we have on file will be charged for one night’s stay, whichever is greater.
A one time change to your reservation dates will be allowed without penalty within the 1-3 day window, subject to space and availability. We must receive a phone call or email within 3 days of your arrival date to make this change.
Early departures for any reason are not eligible for refunds.
All of these policies are based on common courtesy and campground etiquette. Please follow the rules to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time while staying here at the Haines Hitch-Up. If you have any questions about any of these rules please ask.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH! SLOW DOWN! Pedestrians and wildlife have the right of way.
- Check in time is 1:00 PM. Check out time is 11:00 AM. You must stop in the office no later than 10:00 AM to ask if your site is available for a late check out. Extra hours will be charged $5/hour, until 3:00 PM, then full night payment.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. Any noise interfering with the peaceful enjoyment by occupants of adjoining sites is strictly prohibited. Children must be on their site and supervised by an adult by 10:00 pm.
- Each site is allowed one RV and one vehicle (truck/trailer, motorhome/car, truck camper/boat, etc,). If you have additional vehicles you will need to book an additional site.
- Vehicle (car, RV, boat, etc.) maintenance of any kind (washing, oil changing, etc.) is NOT allowed. There is a car and RV wash across the street.
- Car tags must be displayed on vehicles at all times.
- Do not leave children unattended in the bathrooms, laundry or store.
- One WIFI ticket will be issued for each paying guest. Each WIFI ticket can only be used on one device. If additional devices are required you will need to purchase additional tickets. Additional WIFI tickets are $2 per ticket/per day. This WIFI is a limited system. Our WIFI is for reading emails, browsing the web, etc. Streaming, gaming, updating your computer, etc. are not supported. If our free WIFI does not meet your needs you can purchase a hotspot through AP&T (Alaska Power & Telephone). See our WIFI login screen for details.
- No tents on RV sites.
- Rugs and mats of any size are not permitted on the grass.
- Clothes lines are not permitted, no hanging items on the rope fence.
- We do not have a place for washing dishes! Please bring the proper gear to wash dishes at your site. Please do not wash dishes in the bathrooms.
- Do not walk through or use sites that are not assigned to you.
- Only propane fire pits that are off the ground and will not scorch the grass are permitted.
- NO fireworks! Use of fireworks will cause immediate dismissal from the park.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Do not leave your pet outside unattended. This would include temporary pet fences. This is for your pet’s safety.
- There is a dog walk for your convenience located outside of the park along Haines Highway. It is accessed by a walkway between site 32 and the trash/recycling area.
- We ask that you please IMMEDIATELY pick up after your pet.
- Pets are not permitted in the office, laundry or bathrooms.
- Aggressive or dogs that constantly bark or whine may be asked to leave the park.
- Haines Hitch-Up RV Park is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by a pet. The owner of the pet is solely responsible. All incidents must be settled between the owner of the pet and the affected party.
- All registered guests must stop in the office to register visitors who will be at our park. Visitors must register and pay $5.00/per person. No more than 2 visitors per site. Visitors must exit the park no later than 9:00 PM.
- WIFI is not available to visitors.
- If you do not have your visitors register you may be asked to leave the park.
TRASH AND RECYCLING
- The dumpsters are only for general household garbage that was generated because of your stay here in the park. All household garbage must be in bags.
- NO metal, NO wood, NO small appliances, NO electronics, NO rugs or mats.
- If you have any questions whether or not something can go in the dumpster please ask first.
- DO NOT leave trash at the dumpsters if they are not open. If you are leaving early in the morning please plan ahead and put your trash in the dumpster the night before or take it with you.
- Put ALL recycling in the appropriate can, NOT in the dumpster.
- There is no riding of bicycles, scooters, skates or skateboards on the sidewalk around the building.
- Do not step over the rope fences around the building, you could trip and fall. Use the sidewalk. Do not walk on the grass around the building.
We fully understand that accidents will happen. If you use a spotter when backing into or pulling out of the site you will have much less chance of having any problems. However, if you do accidentally damage any property of the park we ask that you report it immediately to the office. If the office is closed for the night please stop in the office in the morning (or if it is an emergency, please call the office). The credit card on file will be charged for the damages. If you try to cover up the damage you will be asked to leave the park and will not be refunded for any additional night stays or deposits. This may also impact any future reservations.
THE FINE PRINT
Management assumes no liability for loss or damage to property and/or personal injury arising out of the use of Haines Hitch-Up RV Park. All users of Haines Hitch-Up RV Park property are held responsible for any and all property damages to the park. Rules are subject to change without warning or notification. Prices posted on our website and reservation system are for the current camping season only. Prices for any reservation other than the current camping season may differ.